What to do if your property is damaged or destroyed in a wildfire


If you are impacted by the on-going wildfires in Lake, Monterey, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, and Yolo counties, you may be eligible for assistance from the FEMA.

Grants may help eligible survivors with financial assistance that includes rent, home repair, home replacement and other disaster-related needs such as childcare, medical and dental expenses.

Do not wait to register at disasterassistance.gov.

People who suffered losses from the fires should contact their insurance companies first. Insurance delivers the majority of financial help in disasters. For losses not covered by insurance, people can register for disaster assistance in three ways: online through disasterassistance.gov, by using the FEMA App or by calling 800-621-3362.

Registrations and inspections can be done remotely, keeping survivors safe.

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *