SACRAMENTO – A FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center in Trinity County to serve August Complex wildfire survivors will extend operations through Nov. 10. New hours of operation are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The center is located at Ruth Lake Community Hall, 591 Van Duzen Rd., Mad River, CA 95526. It is operated by FEMA to help survivors obtain recovery information as part of the ongoing response and recovery mission from FEMA and the State of California.
Survivors can register with FEMA for federal aid in one of three ways:
- online at DisasterAssistance.gov;
- by downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet;
- or by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. PDT. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel, should provide FEMA with the specific number assigned to that service when they register.
- The helpline staff can also answer questions about applications already submitted.
- Deadline to register is Nov. 21.
Registration enables FEMA to determine residents’ eligibility for financial assistance that may include rent, home repair, home replacement and other serious disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral or dental expenses.