Earlier this month, California Governor Gavin Newsom and the Biden-Harris Administration announced a pilot project to establish two large-scale community-focused vaccine centers, with one at the Cal State Los Angeles Campus. The sites are expected to be open to eligible members of the public beginning February 16. Registration for vaccine appointments at this site will be available through the state’s MyTurn scheduling system or by calling 833-422-4255 in the coming days.
The goal of establishing these joint federal pilot sites is to continue to expand the rate of vaccinations in California in an efficient, effective, and equitable manner, with an explicit focus on making sure that communities with a high risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection are not left behind. With a focus on responding to the vaccination needs of our vulnerable and diverse communities, these pilot sites are part of the wider effort to establish 100 vaccination sites nationwide in the federal administration’s first 100 days. The sites will be run by a local, state and federal effort, including the State of California through Cal OES, the National Guard, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the Department of Defense (DoD).
INTERVIEWS FOR MEDIA USE (SOURCE: Cal OES)
- B-roll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7rtjami2zp1hhm/B-ROLL-%20COVID-19%20VACCINATION%20SITE%20-%20CAL%20STATE%20LA%20-%20COURTESY%20CAL%20OES.mp4?dl=0
- Interviews: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bs1khbsgmkfspq2/AACk-E1I6Xdttt2TFnHdQ5O7a?dl=0
General (SOURCE: Cal OES):
- Monday: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gh9vkp6qjbbhqr/CSU%20LA%20VacSuperSite%20Monday.mp4?dl=0
- Sunday: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7rtjami2zp1hhm/B-ROLL-%20COVID-19%20VACCINATION%20SITE%20-%20CAL%20STATE%20LA%20-%20COURTESY%20CAL%20OES.mp4?dl=0
- Video overhead (SOURCE: Cal State LA): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufatsqm6dxawwg5/Drone%20footage%20Cal%20State%20LA%20Site.mp4?dl=0
Cal State Los Angeles Day 1 (SOURCE: Cal OES)
- Set Up: https://youtu.be/iraq1iA727U
Cal State Los Angeles Day 2 (SOURCE: Cal OES)