The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) is actively recruiting for several executive level openings.
Cal OES is seeking:
- Southern Regional Administrator, Response Operations
- Assistant Director, Public Safety Communications
- Chief, Disaster Financial Recovery and Reconciliation
As one of three Regional Administrators throughout California, the Southern Administrator will lead a team of robust emergency management professionals in a collaborative environment. These teams work to prevent, plan, protect, mitigate, and respond to and recovery from all disasters and emergencies.
- Coordinate and develop a whole community approach to emergency management.
- Coordinate contingency planning, readiness training, mutual aid procedures and emergency response plans.
- Respond to all-hazard emergencies, threats, and natural disasters.
Southern Regional Administrator, Response Operations: Click here to access the CalCareers job posting.
The Assistant Director of Public Safety Communications Branch will help the state’s one-stop shop for comprehensive emergency communications capabilities and services. PSC oversees California’s 9-1-1 system and works to ensure the continuity of communications systems.
- Establish policy and procedures in coordinator with Cal OES’s mission and supporting legislation.
- Oversee all aspects of the state’s Public Safety Communications program.
Assistant Director, Public Safety Communications: Click here to access the CalCareers job posting.
The Chief of Disaster Financial Recovery and Reconciliation will provide strategic, high-level policy development and oversight of statewide disaster response costs and cost recovery.
- Develop consistent statewide disaster cost reporting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate disaster costs from other state agencies into easily understandable reports.
- Determine disaster costs eligible for federal reimbursement and other funding options.
Chief, Disaster Financial Recovery and Reconciliation: Click here to access the CalCareers job posting.
ABOUT CAL OES
Cal OES serves as the state’s leadership hub during all major emergencies and disasters. This includes responding, directing, and coordinating state and federal resources and mutual aid assets across all regions to support the diverse communities across the state.