The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) is recruiting for a Senior Public Information Officer to join our dynamic communications team.
The Office of Crisis Communications and Public Affairs is seeking a vibrant leader and experienced communicator with media relations expertise, a passion for team building and staff development, a commitment to equity and familiarity with crisis response.
For this exciting role, we are seeking a leader who is deeply versed in communications and media relations, works well under pressure and understands campaign-based education and outreach efforts.
This role is a critical middle manager within our communications team who provides direct leadership for a team of four communications professionals, while guiding day-to-day public information functions for the department.
This role is responsible for supporting the State Operations Center and serving as the functional manager of the Joint Information Center within the Incident Command System structure, which is utilized to respond to emergencies and disasters within California.
Mission, Vision, Values
All Crisis Communication & Public Affairs employees are expected to model and publicly represent the office’s core tenets which include:
We alert, inform and empower all Californians to prepare for, respond to, and recover from threats and emergencies.
As we help Californians navigate emergencies:
- We provide clear, consistent and accurate information.
- We bring stability and reassurance with a compassionate and human-centered approach.
- We are an inclusive partner who champions diversity and accessibility.
- We foster a united, transparent and collaborative environment.
- We support and uplift each other, encourage growth and celebrate successes.
Dedication Compassion Innovation Integrity
SALARY: $6,695.00 – $8,319.00 Monthly
Cal OES offers a comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to the following:
Health Care Benefits
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flex Elect reimbursement account
- Life and disability insurance
Retirement and Savings
- CalPERS retirement plan
- Savings Plus Program (401k and 457)
Work Life Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee wellness program
- Career development program
- Free covered parking
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at Calcareers.ca.gov.
Click here to access the CalCareers job posting.