SACRAMENTO – New California Flood Recovery Assistance Communications Tools are available from the Listos California Program at California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) to help media and community-based organizations share information on the wide range of disaster recovery resources available.
The tools include links to information, handouts and videos that cover how to access disaster assistance resources online, by phone, and in-person (at Disaster Recovery Centers and Local Assistance Centers).
Winter Storm Survivors Should Know They May be Eligible for a Range of Support Services Including:
- Applying for FEMA Disaster Assistance
- Accessing Housing and Emergency Cash Assistance
- Replacing Driver’s License and other Vital Documents
- Accessing Food Assistance
- Applying for Health Care Services
- Managing Stress and Mental Health
- Getting help understanding eligibility for assistance
- Finding Free Legal Help
- Finding a Licensed Contractor for Repairs or Rebuilding
- Getting Insurance and Rebuilding Assistance
- Applying for Unemployment Benefits and Job Search Services
- Finding Information about Paying Taxes
- Getting Help Paying Bills and Getting Back on Your Feet
The California Flood Recovery Assistance Communications Tools include:
- Current Information on Recovery Resources
- ListosCalifornia.org/recovery: offers information on resources, how to find state and local agencies and how to register for federal help online, by phone or in-person at a Disaster Recovery Center.
- Disaster Recovery Resource Guide: answering key questions about resources available to eligible survivors online, by phone, and in person.
- B-roll, Soundbites, and Photos
- Social Media Content
- Including assets on how to access recovery resources online, by phone and at Disaster Recovery Centers.