Emergency Food Benefits Available for Eligible Wildfire Survivors


If you live or work in an area impacted by 2021 wildfires, you may be eligible for Disaster CalFresh emergency food benefits from the California Department of Social Services (CDSS).

Disaster CalFresh helps with the food needs of people after a flood, fire, earthquake, or other natural disaster.

If you live or work in Lassen, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Tehama or Trinity county the application process is simple.

You don’t need to upload any documents to apply.

  1. Apply for Disaster CalFresh by calling 1.877.847.3663
  2. Complete an interview with your county
  3. Pick up your EBT card

After you complete the application, CDSS will review your application and contact you with next steps.

To apply for Disaster CalFresh benefits, click here.