As California enters the cooler fall months, it’s important for families to pay close attention to the health and well-being of their children. The California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) would like everyone to know some tips on how to keep children and infants safe this fall.
When traveling or playing outside with kids, here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
Weather and Alerts
- Sign up for local emergency alerts that will send you messages during an emergency.
- Check the temperature before deciding to go outdoors.
- Ensure you are packing layers for children.
Wearing Proper Clothing
When outdoors with children or infants, wearing the proper clothing is crucial.
- Wearing light-colored, as the daylight gets shorter so does visibility
- Monitor children when they are playing near leaves. Leaves can hide sharp or dangerous items.
- With kids back in school and cold and flu season approaching, teaching kids about handwashing can help keep your little ones safe.
- When playing outside, keeping wet wipes, hand sanitizer or other anti-bacteria items handing can keep you from bring those germs home.
Let’s keep our families safe this fall.
Additional Fall Safety Tips: