Working proactively to place firefighting resources in high-risk areas, the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) has strategically prepositioned critical fire engines and personnel in Santa Barbara County to be able to respond if needed.
The prepositioned fire resources include:
Santa Barbara County:
- 1 Local Government Night Flying Helicopter with Crew
- 1 Local Government Dozer Strike Team
- 1 Local Government Hand Crew
- 1 Local Government Dispatcher
Areas of Santa Barbara County may see increased fire danger due to strong, gusty winds. There are steps you can take now to prepare yourself and loved ones ahead of a wildfire.
- Sign up for emergency alerts through your county.
- Pack a go bag.
- Talk with your family about an emergency plan.
- Know multiple routes out of your neighborhood.
The Cal OES Fire and Rescue Branch facilitates the California Fire and Rescue Mutual Aid System, which includes moving more than 270 fire engines from 60 local government resources across the state in support of all-risk emergency response on behalf of local, state and federal government fire organizations. Cal OES assigns local government fire agencies with fire apparatus to maintain surge capacity during day-to-day duties and major emergencies.