Working to build community resilience during Emergency Preparedness Month, the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) brought together over 650 individuals from community-based organizations, local governments, state partners and other stakeholders, through 8 Regional Disaster Ready Summits statewide.
All with the aim to ensure community resilience before, during and after disasters.
For resources from the summits, click on this link or the links below to access the following:
- Disaster Summit Booklet (English and Spanish)
- Disaster Summit Presentation (English and Spanish)
- Photos from the Summits
- PowerPoint Presentation and Program Booklet
More materials and resources will be included in the above link as they become available
About the Summits:
Cal OES hosted eight Regional Ready Summits over the course of Emergency Preparedness Month in September 2023.
- Palm Springs (Riverside County)
- San Diego (San Diego County)
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles County)
- Ventura (Ventura County)
- Santa Rosa (Sonoma County)
- Tulare (Tulare County)
- Placerville (El Dorado County)
- Chico (Butte County)
We gathered regional community based trusted messengers to build connections and create asset maps to better connect on-the-ground efforts.
Core Summit Objectives:
- Grow community understanding of the emergency response system and what role organizations can play.
- Connect with local emergency response staff with community organizations and exchange contact information.
- Provide a table for community groups in regions to connect, share assets and build new connectivity points.
- Further develop communications channels to enhance response and recovery efforts in your communities.
Ready Summit Dates and Locations:
- Wed, September 13: Placerville (El Dorado County Fairgrounds: 100 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667)
- Fri, September 15: Chico (Enloe Conference Center: 1528 Esplanade Chico, CA 95926)
- Mon, September 18: Santa Rosa (Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country 170 Railroad St, Santa Rosa, CA 95401)
- Tues, September 19: Tulare (Tulare International Agri-Center: 4500 S Laspina St, Tulare, CA 93274)
- Fri, September 22: Ventura (Ventura Beach Marriott: 2055 E Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001)
- Wed, September 27: Los Angeles (Skirball Cultural Center, 2701 N Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049)
- Thurs, September 28: San Diego (Hilton Mission Bay, 1775 E Mission Bay Dr., San Diego, CA 92109)
- Fri, September 29: Palm Springs (Hilton Palm Springs, 400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262)
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. – Welcome and Setting the Stage
- 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. – Exercise: Traits Tree – Cultivating Human Characteristics for Resilient Communities
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45 – 12:30 p.m. – Road to Safety Simulation
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Mapping Community Assets
- 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. – Introduction to California Emergency Response & Listos California
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Reflections & Closing
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.