Ensuring resilience before, during and after disasters, the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) with Listos California are holding a series of Regional Disaster Ready Summits statewide.
About the Summits:
We are hosting eight Regional Ready Summits over the course of Emergency Preparedness Month in September 2023. We invite you to join us at the location nearest you:
- Palm Springs (Riverside County)
- San Diego (San Diego County)
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles County)
- Ventura (Ventura County)
- Santa Rosa (Sonoma County)
- Tulare (Tulare County)
- Placerville (El Dorado County)
- Chico (Butte County)
We will gather hundreds of regional community based trusted messengers to build connections and create asset maps to better connect on-the-ground efforts.
Core Summit Objectives:
- Grow community understanding of the emergency response system and what role organizations can play.
- Connect with local emergency response staff with community organizations and exchange contact information.
- Provide a table for community groups in regions to connect, share assets and build new connectivity points.
- Further develop communications channels to enhance response and recovery efforts in your communities.
Ready Summit Dates and Locations:
- Wed, September 13: Placerville (El Dorado County Fairgrounds: 100 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667)
- Fri, September 15: Chico (Enloe Conference Center: 1528 Esplanade Chico, CA 95926)
- Mon, September 18: Santa Rosa (Hyatt Regency Sonoma Wine Country 170 Railroad St, Santa Rosa, CA 95401)
- Tues, September 19: Tulare (Tulare International Agri-Center: 4500 S Laspina St, Tulare, CA 93274)
- Fri, September 22: Ventura (Ventura Beach Marriott: 2055 E Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001)
- Wed, September 27: Los Angeles (Skirball Cultural Center, 2701 N Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049)
- Thurs, September 28: San Diego (Hilton Mission Bay, 1775 E Mission Bay Dr., San Diego, CA 92109)
- Fri, September 29: Palm Springs (Hilton Palm Springs, 400 East Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, CA 92262)
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. – Welcome and Setting the Stage
- 9:45 – 10:30 a.m. – Exercise: Traits Tree – Cultivating Human Characteristics for Resilient Communities
- 10:30 – 10:45 a.m. – Break
- 10:45 – 12:30 p.m. – Road to Safety Simulation
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch
- 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. – Mapping Community Assets
- 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. – Introduction to California Emergency Response & Listos California
- 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Reflections & Closing
Please email email@example.com if you are able to attend. If you will be there for a portion of the day, please indicate when you will attend so that we can prepare accordingly.